Assist Branch Manager in all phases of branch operations, and assume responsibility for the branch in the Branch Manager’s absence. The role oversees the efficient operation of the Branch ensuring all operational functions are completely and properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to clients and staff.
- Perform all the duties and responsibilities of the Branch Manager in his/her absence.
- Open and close the branch; maintain and stay abreast of security policies and procedures.
- Supervise vault operations and procedures.
- Supervise and maintain the functionality of the ATM – operating and control.
- Supervise shipment and control of cash and coin shipments.
- Maintain knowledge of branch policies and procedures with respect to approving checks and overrides.
- Handle customer problems and complaints; counsel customers with special needs or requests.
- Assist in managing the daily activities of branch staff and ensure employee resources are used effectively.
- Helps grow the Branch by providing exceptional client services, executing team strategies and making sales referrals.
- Participate in activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
- Supervise preparation and distribution of monthly branch reports.
- Ensure compliance with KYC procedures, CTRs, SARs and Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
- Represent the Bank in public relations activities and community affairs.
- Any other duties and projects as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with Management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approve personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Monitor supplies, furniture, equipment and security levels ensuring the efficient operation of the branch.
Qualification and Skills
- Bilingual Chinese/English is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have three to five years of experience in the retail banking industry.
- Ability to supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of others.
- Good written, verbal and supervisory skills.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop a team, and monitor workflow and schedules. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills are essential.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.