The Financial Advisor position is responsible for meeting with current and potential banking customers to help determine the best way to serve those customers’ needs with products and services. With a strong focus on sales and customer service, the Financial Advisor should be a true people person who enjoys developing professional and mutually beneficial relationships with a wide variety of customers. Candidates should be self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations in all that they do.
- Proactively develop a client base to which appropriate wealth management products can be sold.
- Collect and analyze information regarding the customer risk tolerance, long- and short-term goals, income, assets, investments, and debts; determine which products best meet the customer needs and circumstances.
- Advise the customer regarding the advantages, risks, and disadvantages of different products.
- Develop internal referral resources to identify existing customers.
- Identify external prospects and build up new client relationships.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities, including opportunities to refer customers to other bank sales representatives through proper customer profiling and needs-based selling.
- Understand and comply with all aspects of bank policies and practices, including laws and regulations governing the duties and responsibilities of product sales.
- Maintain all necessary licenses and registrations as required.
- Complete all mandatory training in a timely manner.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy, and professionalism.
Qualification and Skills
- Must speak Mandarin or Cantonese Chinese.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (Required).
- FINRA Series 65, or 66, preferred.
- New York State Life & Health Insurance License.
- Strong sales, marketing, and business development skills.
- 2 years of experience in finance, insurance and/or banking.
- College degree, preferred .
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.