Start using Popmoney now by signing up for Online Banking
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting. And you don't need a new account to send or receive money.
2) What can I use Popmoney for?
Popmoney is easy and convenient for you and the people you send money to. Use Popmoney to:
- Send money to your child at college
- Pay back friends for a fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
3) How is Popmoney different from other payment services?
You can use Popmoney through your bank's website if it is one of Popmoney's 1,700 participating institutions. Simply log onto your online banking site to start sending money to friends, family or anyone at all. Popmoney allows you to send money straight from your existing Eligible Transaction Account to another Eligible Transaction Account.
4) Is the Popmoney service secure?
All transactions are encrypted. The user needs to provide a verification code back to Popmoney to verify their "ownership" of their mobile number or email address before they can deposit the payment. We consider your safety at every step.
5) Is Popmoney available outside the United States?
Currently, Popmoney is only available for use between Eligible Transaction Accounts and registered users residing in the United States.
6) What are the different ways I can send money to someone?
You can send money using a recipient's:
- Email Address: Your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her Eligible Transaction Account.
- Mobile Number: A text message will be sent to the recipient with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her Eligible Transaction Account. If the recipient does not respond to the payment notification after 3 days, a reminder text message will be sent reminding him/her to act on the payment notification.
- Eligible Transaction Account information (routing and account number): Money will be directly deposited into your contact's Eligible Transaction Account. You will also have the option to send the contact an email.
7) What are the different ways I can request money from someone?
You can request money from someone using their:
- Name and email address: Your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to pay the request
- Name and mobile number: A text message will be sent to the recipient on your behalf with instructions on how to pay the request.
8) How will I know if someone sends me money using Popmoney?
If the sender sends the money using your email address or mobile phone number, you will receive an email or text message with instructions on how to deposit the payment into your Eligible Transaction Account. If the sender uses your Eligible Transaction Account information, the money will be deposited directly into your Eligible Transaction Account. In that case, you will only receive a notification if the sender enters an optional message when submitting the payment.
9) When will the recipient receive the funds?
The timing to receive the funds depends on the type of account used to make the payment. The delivery speed will be displayed when you schedule the payment. It could take additional time if your contact has not used Popmoney or will have to log in and accept the payment.
If you are sending the payment notification through email and your contact wants to collect the funds into an Eligible Transaction Account; he/she must provide his/her Eligible Transaction Account information by 10 PM Pacific Time in order to receive the funds the next business day.
10) Should I use Popmoney at FAIB Online Banking account or at Popmoney.com?
You can log into your FAIB online banking and use Popmoney there.
11) Do I pay a fee if my request is not paid?
No. A fee will be deducted only if you receive a payment. No fee will be charged if the request is not paid.