Responsible for growing, managing and directing assigned regions of the company’s retail banking business; focus on development, implementation and support for a relationship-building culture that drives growth in business customer deposits, merchant services accounts, investments and commercial loans, as well as individual deposits. Responsible for developing and attaining business development plans and objectives for the region and building a sales culture within the Retail Banking structure, while fully complying with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Actively build a sales culture and environment with an emphasis on building deposits by developing and nurturing complete banking relationships and total portfolio management.
- Develop, implement and oversee a Merchant Services strategy and plan.
- Train staff and colleagues on relationship-building skills; coach others on how to attain their deposit and referral goals.
- Manage results by analysis, planning, organizing, budgeting, monitoring/controlling, problem-solving, decision-making and managing change. Deliver timely and accurate reports.
- Actively participate in and inspire staff and colleagues to participate in community service activities, groups and Boards to represent the company and build network of potential customers.
- Help identify commercial lending opportunities and facilitate meetings with identified customers.
- Manage relationships to ensure profitability and superior customer service within the area of loans, deposits, investment/insurance products and fee sales.
- Work closely with Marketing department on marketing plans and communications.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualification and Skills
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory roles.
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to motivate and influence colleagues at all levels as well as external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to obtain cooperation and agreement on important outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient’s point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.