Responsible for the maintenance of the Bank’s Residential Loan Quality Control Department, and monitor and work with residential lending staff to enhance the quality of residential mortgage originations, through Quality Control (QC) procedures while ensuring that the Residential Mortgage Group (RMG) is complying with all regulations.
The QC Manager must be a detail oriented, self-motivated individual able to work with little to no supervision, manage to deadlines and is expected to assist in the establishment of a quality focused culture for the Bank’s residential loan originations. Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Maintain the Bank’s Residential Loan Quality Control Department including updating the Quality Control Program, working procedures, QC audit selection plan, and audit tools/work paper templates.
- Provide compliance support to other departments, including interpretation of applicable regulations and investor requirements.
- Review HMDA monthly and submit yearly report. Conduct training for entire department to ensure compliance.
- Prepare reports and detailed findings from prefunding and post-funding reviews.
- Review loans prior to commitment to ensure consistency between underwriters.
- Coordinate and QC loan sales with multiple venders.
- Identify compliance training needs based on regulatory developments, QC Exam/Audit findings, areas of regulatory focus, and secondary market requirements.
- Develop, provide and/or assist with training as needed.
- Complete monthly QC reports for Loan Committee review.
- Act as Fair Lending Officer and report quarterly to the Loan Committee.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 + years Mortgage Lending Experience; Exposure to all aspects of origination, servicing secondary marketing and mortgage compliance areas preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years with strong compliance and underwriting background.
- DE certified preferred.
- Certification in Regulatory Compliance (e.g. CRCM) preferred.
- Knowledge of internal mortgage compliance and regulations, audit policy and audit procedures.
- Experience with and up-to-date knowledge of HMDA.
- Knowledge of Encompass Loan Operating System preferred.
- Proven ability to create and present training in a creative and effective format.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.