Proactively solicit new residential loan business and maintains customer relationships with realtors, attorney and financial advisors. Respond to customer inquiries and ensures customers are informed of all mortgage products offered by FAIB. Inside sales.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop customer and business partner banking relationship through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities.
- Review and analyze credit and financial data.
- Counsel, advise and educate prospects/customers about the Bank’s products and credit guidelines and explain related disclosure to applicants.
- Submit complete and accurate loan applications and documentation, including required disclosures, to loan processor in a timely manner.
- Manage customer relationships and customer expectations during and after the loan origination process.
- Act as primary relationship manager between the applicant and FAIB personnel, including branch staff.
- Complete application in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance.
- Two to five years of experience Residential lending origination preferred.
- Familiarity with automated underwriting and Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
- Comply with all Federal and State compliance laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) strongly preferred.
- Worked with a Encompass Loan Origination System a plus.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.