Validate and verify information contained in customer applications. Processes loan files and coordinates follow up activities between loan originator, underwriter and closers. May interact directly with customers to assist loan originator. Maintain physical loan file from application to closing. Enter and update loan related data in the origination system and assemble and verify loan documents for accuracy and authenticity.
- Provide administrative assistance to Loan Officer (or underwriter) and staff, including updating loan data for entry into the financial institution’s origination systems and assembling loan documentation.
- Ensure that loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates and other relevant data.
- Assemble and verify accuracy of loan documentation.
- Check documents for proper vesting, legal descriptions, closing dates and signatures.
- Maintain and monitor loan files to ensure required documentation for loan closing.
- Coordinate resources from other departments necessary to obtain information and document.
- Monitor for potential fraudulent activity.
- Senior processors are expected to assist the department manager with training and overseeing processors.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one year experience in an office environment, banking experience preferred.
- Familiarity with loan origination process, operations and products and services.
- Good attention to detail and strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with Fannie Mae guidelines.
- Familiar with Federal and State regulations for residential lending including TRID.
- Ability to work with outside investors and portfolio products.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.