Perform customer service functions, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening credit card accounts, retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning bank financial products. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answer questions on all services the bank provides, and recognize selling and referral opportunities.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Cash checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promote and explain other financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, traveler’s checks and money orders.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensure payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate customer receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check and package coins and currency.
- Accept and process Wire Transfer requests; check for proper identification if required and collects fees and post using general ledger tickets.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities / Projects
- Perform other clerical functions as assigned by the Head Teller.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must speak Chinese and English.
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or other approved training program.
- Attention to detail, general math skills, verbal communication, integrity, sales and financial skills, financial software and Microsoft Suite, thoroughness, and documentation Skills.
- High ethics.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing “WOW!” service to our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work respectfully and cooperatively with others.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly and concisely, and focus on the recipient's point of view.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding FAIB’s mission of helping everyone we touch; vision of being a great place to work and bank; and values of high ethics, care, respect, teamwork, friendship and fun.