FAIC INVESTMENT SERVICES
A Cetera Investment Services Program
Individual Retirement Accounts ("IRA")
We understand that a preset retirement planning solution does not meet the needs of all of our clients. An individual retirement account (“IRA”) allows its holder to save money for retirement while benefitting from tax-free or tax-deferred growth.
Our Financial Consultants can provide assistance in selecting the right investments for your retirement. We are here to assist you in creating a long-term investment strategy using IRAs and other retirement-saving vehicles, to ensure you meet your goals.
Different types of IRAs:
- Traditional IRAs: In a Traditional IRA, you make contributions with money you may be able to deduct on your tax return and any earnings can potentially grow tax-deferred until you withdraw them in retirement1.
- Roth IRAs: In a Roth IRA, you make contributions with money you’ve already paid taxes on (after-tax) and your money may potentially grow tax-free, with tax-free withdrawals in retirement, provided that certain conditions are met2.
- Rollover IRA: A Rollover IRA is a Traditional IRA intended for money to be “rolled over” from a qualified retirement plan. Rollovers involve moving eligible assets from an employer-sponsored plan, such as a 401(k) or 403(b), into an IRA.
- SIMPLE IRAs: SIMPLE (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees) IRA is a type of Individual Retirement Account (IRA) set up as an employer-provided plan. It is an employer-sponsored plan, like better-known plans such as the 401(k) and 403(b) (Tax Sheltered Annuity plans), but offers simpler and less costly administration rules, as it is not subject to ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) and its associated regulations.
- SEP IRAs: A SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) IRA is a type of traditional IRA for self-employed individuals or small business owners. Any business owner with one or more employees, or anyone with freelance income, can open a SEP IRA.
For more information on the unique features and benefits of IRAs, please call or visit your local branch to speak to one of our Financial Consultants to discuss the retirement planning strategy that is right for you.
1. Distributions from a traditional IRA’s are taxed as ordinary income and, if taken prior to reaching age 59 ½, may be subject to an additional 10% IRS tax penalty.
2. To qualify for the tax-free and penalty-free withdrawal or earnings, a Roth IRA must be in place for at least five tax years, and the distribution must take place after age 59 ½ or due to death, disability, or a first time home purchase (up to a $10,000 lifetime maximum). Depending on state law, Roth IRA distributions may be subject to state taxes.
FAIC Investment Services representatives do not give tax or legal advice. The comments regarding the law and tax treatment in this material simply reflect current interpretations of such laws. Since laws are always subject to interpretation and possible changes, FAIC Investment Services recommend that you seek the counsel of an attorney and/or other qualified tax advisor as to the specific legal and tax consequences of all planning concepts as they apply to the facts of your particular situation.
FAIC Investment Services is a Cetera Investment Services program. Securities and insurance products are offered by, and all Financial Consultants are registered with, Cetera Investment Services LLC, member of FINRA and SIPC. Cetera Investment Services LLC is an independent entity and is not affiliated with First American International Bank. FAIC Investment Services is located at First American International Bank. First American International Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of First American International Corp. Cetera Investment Services conducts business in English. Any non-English communications are a customer service accommodation. English-language documents and agreements will be controlling.
Investments are: •Not FDIC insured •May lose value •Not financial institution guaranteed •Not a deposit •Not insured by any federal government agency.
Financial Consultants are registered to conduct securities business and licensed to conduct insurance business in limited states. Response to, or contact with residents of other states will only be made upon compliance with applicable licensing and registration requirements. The information in this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase brokerage services to persons outside of the United States.